23 October 2008

Post-Flood: Where do I vote in Linn County?

November 4, 2008 will be a test of the Linn County voting system. It is the first county wide election, where all voting precincts will be required. Many changes have occurred, due to the flood.

First, some people will have to determine, whether they vote in the precincts their homes were pre-flood or vote in the precinct they currently live in post-flood.

Second, some voting precincts have required to be relocated, due the facility not being in condition to host a voting precinct.

Where do I vote on Election Day: November 4, 2008 in Linn County, Iowa?

Where can I vote early, if I want? Where do they have satellite voting in Linn County, Iowa?

How can I get an absentee voting ballot for Linn County, Iowa?

Oops, before I vote, where can I go to get information on the candidates in Linn County, Iowa?

Finally, if I am not registered to vote, what can I do?

The 2008 General Election is important. It's certainly not just about the Presidential Campaigns of Mr. McCain and Mr. Obama. There are important Federal, State and Local races here in Linn County, Iowa.

Read up and don't forget to vote on Election Day: November 4, 2008?

peace

No comments: